Friday, July 27, 2007

On the road to Ironman 2010


I have been a runner for a long time now..since 1998 really, and have done 3 marathons, several 1/2 marathons and lots of 5 k's and 10k's , but recently I have been dealing with some nagging injuries related to improper training.


A long time ago I wanted to do an Ironman, and kept setting these completely unrealistic goals for myself and thus never achieved them...this time it's different!


I turn 40 in 2011 and I want to complete an Ironman before my 40th b-day, so I set up a 3 year plan to achieve that goal as I transition from runner to an Ironman!


This blog will follow my ups and downs along that road and will be a way for me to stay true to this by telling the world my plans.


3 years...I big race till I hear the words, " David, you are an Ironman"


Stay tuned, it's gonna be a fun ride.


D.


No comments: